Equitable Earth Initiative
Equitable Earth Initiative connects research, policy and practice in order to promote learning on approaches to land and natural resource governance that contribute to sustainable prosperity. Our work focuses on objectives such as the following:
- Strengthening community land rights and communal land tenure systems
- Ensuring that the rights of poor and marginalized people are respected in policy, legislation and programs on land and resource governance,
- Developing community leadership capacity for sustainable land and resource governance,
- Promoting community-based approaches to conservation and natural resource management,
- Supporting landscape approaches and multi-level environmental governance, and
- Supporting regional and rural land use planning.